Monsoon, the word itself brings a relief from the extreme heat during the summers. Enjoying the rain and having your favorite cup of tea/coffee/fried snacks is no doubt a feeling of bliss.
However, at the same time, lack of hygiene and stagnant water can account for a lot of infections and eye diseases.
Talking particularly about eye infections, you should be really serious about them as diseases like conjunctivitis are very common and can cause trouble for you during work.
So, here in this blog, I will be sharing some great tips you should follow to protect your eyes:
- Enjoying in rain is what everyone loves, I can’t say that don’t get wet in the rain because I love it too but I can say after you get wet in rain, the first thing you should do is wash your eyes with clean water and use a dry towel to dry the sides.
- If you are coming back home from the office in a rainy weather, avoid touching your eyes. Touch by dirty hands can cause infections in the eyes.
- Avoid using handkerchief on your face, if you have used it to clean your hands and body.
- Avoid sharing your towel/handkerchief with your friends/colleagues.
- Wear sunglasses in windy and dusty weather to avoid foreign particles enter your eyes.
- Eat fresh and healthy food. Though the rainy season comes with a lot of streets and junk food cravings but it can increase the risk of eye diseases. Therefore, you should include fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet for healthy eyes.
- After getting wet in rain, if you feel any debris in your eye or any irritation, do not indulge in self-medication. In fact, seek a good ophthalmologist and consult him.
So, these are 7 best tips to protect your eyes in monsoon season.
As we all know, precaution is better than cure. Keep these tips in mind and enjoy monsoon with your arms wide open.
I hope you like this blog.
Tell me what measures you are taking to protect your eyes in monsoon.
Have a good day!